The primary focus of this role is to support and analyze the planning and procurement of materials, supplies, equipment and services to support business priorities for Steinway Americas. This role will work with the manufacturing team to properly manage ongoing demand and ensure the organization purchases enough goods or materials to satisfy production needs, as well as retail demands. This role will also drive efficiencies to eliminate non-value added processes and improve controls in the procurement of direct and indirect materials and services.
• Oversee use of and make updates to the inventory planning tool, ensuring all re-order points and forecasts are updated with raw material and finished goods demand, including management of safety stock levels and product rankings
• Review forecasts on a weekly basis, evaluating current demand and help determine what potential stock deviations may occur from new trends
• Communicate directly with Manufacturing Team to ensure that all production part changes are properly implemented within the day to day planning process
• Assist in the management of updating all Bill of Materials that involve purchased parts, while helping identify areas where programmed consumption numbers do not align with the Steinway ERP System.
• Review planned orders, create requisitions for purchased items, and manage approval process
• Track order updates, provide visibility of potential interruptions to production
• Analyze purchasing trends and opportunities to identify efficiencies
• Look for areas of opportunities to consolidate freight, and help reduce costs on international transportation
• Ensure orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts, report non-conformances
• Identify opportunities and implements actions to achieve efficiencies
• Contribute to consolidation, reduction and rationalization of inventory levels
• Review the daily WIP reports to determine personnel or materials requirements or material priorities
• Place orders and purchase items as necessary, ensuring that all supplier delivery schedules align with Steinway’s production plan
Qualifications, education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business Administration or a related field
• 3+ years of experience in Purchasing, Procurement or Strategic Sourcing within a manufacturing environment using emerging technologies to support strategic sourcing initiatives.
• Experience using ERP systems
• Strong technical and Microsoft Office skills, especially MS Excel.
• A high degree of ethics and professionalism to ensure control of the company’s expenditures
• Ability to think critically and effectively solve problems
• Excellent analytical and planning skills
• Effective communicator – strong written and verbal skills, as well as ability to communicate across levels, both internally and externally
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Ability to meet deadlines, respond quickly to shifting priorities and use of sound judgment